23 Guided Practice Lesson 2.5
Students will be able to:
- perform a simple melody using proper technique and demonstrating consistent tone, pitch, and articulation
- play basic melodic patterns with accuracy in fingerings/slide positions
- Long Tones focusing on centered pitch and characteristic tone.
- Lip Slur #3 Focus on producing a smooth, consistent tone and a stable pitch on both partials. Focus on moving between partials using Ahhh and Ohhh consonants. Use the tuner to check pitch on each partial.
- Dexterity Exercise #1 Play through each of the keys of this exercise at a tempo with which you are comfortable. Pay close attention to pitch accuracy and the attack of each note, using a clear and consistent articulation. Alter the articulation for each exercise by creating a pattern by which to play in each key utilize slur, staccato, and legato articulations.
- Dexterity Exercise #2 Choose remaining four keys to practice that are different from GPL 2.3 & 2.4. For each key, pay close attention to centering the pitch as you transition from diatonic to chromatic passages.
- Melody for playing test #2. This should be a different piece than you used for Playing test #1. For this first practice, focus on correct pitch and good articulation technique.
- Record playing test #2.