Students will be able to:
- adjust pitch between two adjacent partials
- play chromatic and diatonic sequences
- Three sips-sizzle breathing exercise–Breathe in for 4 counts, take three sips, sizzle out for 4 counts. Repeat 4 times to build lung capacity.
- Buzz a melody of your choice on the mouthpiece, focusing on pitch centering and consistency in tone.
- Long tones. Play by starting on concert F (concert C for horn) descending chromatically. Use a tuner to ensure that pitch is staying centered and focus on consistent tone.
- Lip Slurs #2. Focus on consistency of air between notes and tension free transitions, particularly on the ascending partial. Take 4 counts off between each passage.
- Broken Remington. Set the tuner to a concert F (C for horn) drone to ensure that the open partial is in tune. Focus on centering on that pitch each time you return to it.
- Dexterity Exercise #1 . Practice no faster than you can play with good technique and accurate pitch with correct fingerings.