Guided Practice Lesson 1.2
Students will be able to:
- control deep breathing inhale
- control deep breathing exhale
- control a focused tone on the mouthpiece
- control a focused tone on the instrument
- Marionette Pull the “string” from the top of the head to establish proper posture.
- Paper Airplane Set the metronome at ♩=72.
- Do 4 repetitions of 4 counts in, 4 counts out
- Do 4 repetitions of 2 counts in, 4 counts out
- Do 4 repetitions of 1 count in, 4 counts out
- Do 4 repetitions of 1 count in, 8 counts out
- Santa to establish strong exhale
- Deep Breath Exhale and Pea Spitting to establish embouchure and set mouthpiece
- Short Instruments Set the metronome at ♩=72. Focus on consistent tone production of a comfortable pitch
- Sustain consistent pitch as long as possible with good tone
- Take mouthpiece off of face and rest for duration of playing in 5.1
- Repeat 4 & 5.1 three more times.
- Long tones Assemble the instrument and set proper embouchure using step 4. Focus on producing a consistent tone on any comfortable pitch. Repeat 4 times