PSY 413: Psychology of Addicition
A study of the psychological and sociological factors relating to the problems of addiction. Special attention will be given to the effects which alcohol and other drugs have upon fetuses, children, adults, families, and communities.
- Examine the dominant beliefs and attitudes in our society with regard to chemical use, abuse, and addiction. (LO1)
- Define characteristics of the major classes of drugs. (LO2)
- Identify and summarize the addiction process and the characteristics thereof. (LO3)
- Explain the effects of addiction on individual, family, and community. (LO4)
- Outline and critique current intervention and treatment modalities used in the field. (LO5)